Congratulations, your newborn is now 3 months old and in this stage, you will be able to enjoy life more with a piece of your heart. Baby’s first laugh or try to catch his favorite toy or your face – a 3-month-old baby tries to do a lot during this. During this time your baby looks more active than before and this means that you will have to spend more time with the baby, show more engagement so that they can give them the things they need for their essential development.so here we are discussing the 3 months old baby development and activities after birth.
By the time the child is 3 months old, the feeding and sleeping time of the child becomes more balanced. This means that you too may get more time to rest. Along with making baby sleep, eating, and playing time regularly, you also have to keep in mind that the environment in which your baby is growing up is also completely safe. As your baby grows, he or she will also learn to hold things tightly, roll with themselves, or push themselves forward while lying on their stomach.
Must read-How to care for a 2 month-old baby
At this time when you keep thinking about taking care of your newborn baby all the time, due to being a new mother, you also need proper care after delivery. In this stage, your baby needs breastfeeding regularly, so you should take care of your diet. If you are worried about your weight after delivery, then you can do some exercise or adopt an activity routine. Remember, if you are healthy and active, then you will be able to take better care of your baby.
Your bonding with your baby
From the first hour, after the baby is born, mothers are told that they should maintain skin-to-skin contact with their baby. 3 months after the birth of your baby, this initial bonding between you and your baby will be a new type. Especially because the temporal lobe in the baby’s brain, the conch lobe, is more developed than before. By the age of 3 months, the baby learns to recognize her mother’s face, voice and scent better and also react to your laughter and smile. So as your baby’s muscles grow, you should improve your bonding with your baby.
New ways for your baby to communicate with you
Gone are those days when your child only cried and tried to establish contact with you or tell about his problems. Now your growing child will start to blossom, make a pampering voice, and laugh and try to talk to you. As the baby’s brain develops, so will his speech.
So on this stage, it is very important that you keep talking with the child throughout the day. You can talk to the child about yourself, what you are doing, tell your baby stories, sing songs. Doing this will help develop a child’s speech. You can also include telling a story before bed every night as a habit to keep the sleeping pattern of the child correct.
Feeding a 3-month-old baby
You cannot give solid food to your newborn until she is 6 months old, so it is very important that you give your baby only milk at this time. Breastfeeding a child is beneficial not only for the health of the baby but also for the health of the mother in many ways. By the time you are 3 months old, your baby’s feeding pattern ie the way of drinking milk also becomes regular. Although every baby is different, on average, you will need to feed your baby every 3-4 hours. This month you may need to feed the baby once or twice during the night.
Breastfeeding mothers should remember that they are giving the baby the necessary nutrients and antibodies along with feeding them. Therefore, if you fall ill while feeding the baby, then tell the doctor that you get the baby breastfeeding so that the medicines the doctor gives you are safe. If you cannot feed your baby milk due to any medical condition, then you should give your baby formula milk.
How much does a 3-month-old baby sleep?
By the time you are 3 months old, your baby’s sleep pattern also becomes regular, due to which you will be able to relax a bit more than before. At this stage, your baby may wake up to drink milk once or twice a night. Along with this, your baby starts sleeping for 4 to 5 hours during the day. In such a situation, when the child is sleeping, you can also relax and complete your sleep.
Until your baby turns 12 months, there is a risk of accidental neonatal death syndrome (SIDS), so try to make sure your baby’s sleep environment is safe. In such a situation, keep these important things in mind while sleeping:
- Always make the baby sleep on the back and never on the stomach.
- As far as possible make the baby bed safe and do not place any kind of toy, comforter, extra pillow, or cushion on it.
- Put the baby to sleep in his or her own room but not on his / her own bed, on the next bed because the adult’s bed is not safe for the baby.
- Do not heat the sleeping room too much. The room should be warm, but not too much to sweat.
- If you are using a pacifier to make your baby sleep, do not forget to tie the nipple around your baby’s neck or with a cloth.
- While the baby is sleeping, check it in between, but keep an eye on it, but do not unnecessarily wake the baby from sleep.
Vaccination for the 3-month-old baby
In the first and second months after birth, all the necessary vaccinations of the infant are done, so the third month is completely vaccination-free. However, you should be cautious about your child’s health. Also, once a month, take the baby to the pediatrician for a checkup. If you see any of the following signs in the third month of your baby, then immediately go to the doctor about the baby:
- If your baby has a dry cough or if the infant is taking intermittently.
- Even after 8 weeks, if the baby is not laughing, he is not smiling.
- If your baby is not drinking milk properly
- If the baby is closing his fist or fingers too tight.
- Even if your baby is not stunned by hearing a loud voice, he is not afraid.
- Even after keeping the baby quiet for a long time, even if the baby is not being silent.
Safety precaution for a 3-month-old baby
Although the whole house does not need to be baby-proof, all those places where the baby sleeps, plays, or rests should be completely safe for the baby. During this, keep these important things in mind:
- Now that your child is able to roll on his own, things have started to grip tightly, so make sure that your baby does not fall down from the furniture, hit his head against something or the wall, or do not hold anything sharp or sharp.
- Do not take it or get engulfed in a sheet or pillow.
- Never leave your baby alone at any time.
- While sleeping your baby, keep in mind that the whole environment is safe. Also, if a nurse or relative is sleeping on your baby, you should still be there.
- If your baby has started sucking the thumb, then keep in mind that the baby’s thumb is always clean to prevent germs from entering the mouth.
- Make sure that you do not miss anything related to your baby’s health.
How to take care of yourself with a 3-month-old baby?
At this time when your entire focus is on keeping your baby clean and hygienic, feeding, keeping happy, resting, you have to keep your attention as well because your baby is totally dependent on you for everything. Therefore, it is important that your physical and mental health be fully recovered at this time. In such a situation, when your baby turns 3 months, during that time you should also know how to take care of yourself.
- Do not try to do everything by yourself. There is no doubt that the baby is your responsibility, but when you need a break, you can share some responsibilities with your spouse, baby’s relatives, grandparents, grandparents.
- Eat healthy and balanced food. You are giving your baby milk, so you also need the necessary nutrients so that your energy level remains and you stay away from diseases. Include grains, protein, healthy carbohydrates, fruits, and vegetables in your diet. Also stay away from caffeine, alcohol, and smoking.
- By now, you must have reduced your pregnancy weight, but if there is still some weight left, then make a routine of exercise or physical activity for yourself. This will help you stay fit.
- To keep yourself busy, you can read books, watch movies with light moods or talk to friends or relatives on the phone itself. For new mothers, the feeling of motherhood in the first few months can be full of loneliness. In such a situation, you should have a support group so that you can share your talk. By doing this you will be able to stay away from depression and mental problems..
3-month-old baby development
As the bones and muscles of the baby become stronger, the activities of the baby will also increase. Your baby will be able to see and hear better than before and try to identify them by listening to familiar faces and voices. During this time you will see the following developments in your baby:
Your baby will learn to control his head upwards
Since your baby’s back and neck muscles are becoming stronger, you will see that your baby will try to raise his head even while lying on his back. If you try to make your baby sit with some support, you will see that he will be able to keep his head straight and steady for a few seconds. When the baby is playing on his stomach, give him the necessary support so that the developing muscles of the neck of the baby can get a chance to test. Instead of leaving the baby lying on the back, give the child a full chance to play with the abdomen as long as the baby is awake so that the baby’s neck and shoulder muscles develop.
The baby thumb may start sucking
By this time your baby starts recognizing his body and seems attracted to the movements – especially the hand. This is the reason that every once in a while, the baby tries to bring his hand near the mouth and at times he is seen sucking his thumb in sleep. Thumb sucking is very common on this stage. Therefore, there is no need to worry about it as a bad habit. Many babies suck their thumbs in the early days but leave this habit on their own as soon as they are around 3 years old.
Baby’s eyesight getting better
Immediately after birth, the newborn is not able to focus on things and accessories, but as soon as your baby is 3 months old he/she starts to see and recognize things and stuff close to his / her eyes better. If your hand, face, or any soft toy is 8 to 15 inches away from the child’s eyes, then the baby will try to identify it and respond accordingly. However, his focusing ability is not yet developed. This is the reason that at times it may seem that your baby has a squint.
Your baby starts catching things tightly
As your baby’s arms and legs increase mobility and agility, the baby starts trying to catch things that are within reach of his eyes. By the age of 3 months, your baby learns to hold things tightly. However, by this time his grip is not so strong that he can hold something or a toy for a long time. To make your baby’s muscles strong, it is important that you give your baby different things to hold. Be sure to include soft toys and colorful tingles in children’s games.
Your baby can roll by itself
If you make your 3-month-old baby lie on your stomach, it may be that she suddenly turns around and surprises you. This is because, over time, the baby’s elbow, knee, and hip joints are also developing over time. However, keep in mind that while rolling here and there, the infant should not fall and hurt himself.